A stay at Peninsula Post-Acute begins with an evaluation by our team of physicians, therapists, nurses, social services representatives, and other support staff. These meetings allow us to design a personalized care plan focused on returning you to your highest level of independence as quickly as possible.
Our expansive therapy gym and rehab suites offer a unique and personalized experience for patients recovering from strokes, neurological impairments, and orthopedic procedures. Rehabilitation takes place in our fully equipped therapy gym under the guidance of experienced professional therapists.
- Fully staffed, In-House Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
- Therapy Offered 7 Days a Week as Appropriate
- Stroke and Neurological Recovery Program
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation Program
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab
- Return to Home and Activities of Daily Living Re-Training Program
- Fall Prevention and Balance Re-Training Program
- Expansive Therapy Gym
Our physical therapy team works toward specific goals of achieving the resident’s highest functional level of independence. Physical therapy focuses on identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain, as well as focusing on future injury prevention. Following evaluation, our experienced physical therapists develop an individualized treatment program. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Increasing strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increasing motor control for a resident who has suffered a stroke
- Improving coordination, balance and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improving overall strength conditioning, range of motion and endurance
- Managing pain
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well being of the resident
Our professional occupational therapists use task-directed activities in the treatment of our residents whose functional abilities, daily activities, and independence have been impaired by illness, injury, or aging.
Occupational therapy assists our residents in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapists work with residents who have debilitating arthritic conditions and those with difficulty bathing, dressing, and other activities of daily living. They also assist residents with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Functional independence: eating, bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking, etc.
- Maintenance of wellness: dressing and grooming
- Prevention of further disability: home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
Our speech therapists provide a range of interventions to assess and help restore abilities in the areas of communication, swallowing, and cognition. Treatment programs are designed to help residents affected by stroke, brain injury, dementia, and other neurological disorders. Our professionals also work with residents suffering from hearing impairment, respiratory illnesses, and complex medical conditions.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Maximizing cognitive language skills: memory, problem-solving, and abstract reasoning
- Resident and family/caregiver education and training for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition, and swallowing
Our respiratory therapists evaluate and treat individuals who have trouble breathing or those with respiratory associated illnesses such as asthma, pneumonia, emphysema, bronchitis, and sleep apnea.
Respiratory therapy services include:
- Nebulized Breathing Treatments
- Ventilatory Assistance
- Chest Physiotherapy
- Breathing Exercises
- Patient Education
- Assistance with CPR
- Airway Management